Workshops To Increase Your Sustainability
Intro to Permaculture/Alternative Natural Building Workshop
Saturday, November 13th:
Participants will be directly involved in concepts of Permaculture design through hands on applications of Permaculture principals as they relate to the below.
1. Earth clay-. Earth floor/Earth plasters/Cobb wall construction
2. Wooden Pallets construction for load bearing walls.
3. Thatched Roofing using Palm
4. Bamboo as exterior wall covering and base for earth plasters and door and window construction.
The following upcoming workshop dates TBA:
Contact us with a list of your 3 top choices and when we reach a quarum (10 students), we'll post the date.
- Water conservation techniques including earth-works, grey-water, rain-catchment, low-no-flush waste processing...
- Food preservation techniques including fermentation, drying with solar power, canning...
- Organic Gardening Basics- soil, water, pests, ammendments
- Medicinal & Culinary Herbs, Native Plants
- Vegetable companions, creating guilds, Flowers/pollinators
- Raising Backyard Chickens
- Composting with worms, grubs, bokashi
- Home Orchards
- Alternative Buidling techniques: Cob Building, Rammed Earth, Bamboo, salvaged materials
- Planting by the Moon, Biodynamic Farming
- Mushrooms (farming & wild harvest)
- Permaculture for Children
- Ecovillages/Planned Communities
- Fermenting (kombucha, kimchi, kefir, beer, wine, mead, etc)
- Food Preservation (Canning, pickling, dehydrating, fermenting)
- Starting a neighborhood food bank / food sharing system
- Solar Power
- Permaculture Intro
Services Offered Include:
- Classes & workshops
- Consultation & Advice
- Design Installation
- Vegetable garden installation
- Consultation 1/hr. $75
- Designs from $250
- Garden installation & compost $10/sqft (4x8 min.)
- Fertilizer, composted chicken-house waste $25/#50 bag
- Biodynamic compost min. order 15 CuYds $40/cuyd
- Mushroom logs inoculated w/Shitake- (Spring only) $20/ea